Monday 27 May 2013

Embossing Powder Swallowtail

In the last week I've done a bit of embossing with powders and my trusty heat gun and the lovely big swallowtail stamp. I thought I'd share my projects with you.

I was initially a little sceptical given the size of this stamp so it didn't make it onto my wish list despite my love for all things butterfly. Having played with it thanks to my uplines Vicky and Monica not only has it made it onto the wish list but I NEED it yesterday!


This first project is inspired by one of my Stampin' Mum Vicky's cards that didn't make it into her butterfly themed class that I attended but she had made as a  sample to show us and I just had to make one too.

This is using island indigo card stock and ink, versamark ink and white embossing powder.

I love the effect of the shadowing by using the same coloured ink on card stock.


This card was one from training delivered by my Stampin' Grandma Monica's.

To achieve the split negative effect you use white embossing powder on black card and black powder on very vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment